Sunday, February 5, 2023

Second Hand Lingerie - Womens Clothes Trans - Gender Fluid - Vintage.

I always like to help other people out, and as I came across this cute little shop (via some health related videos, long boring story) thought I would mention it. I don't know her, she doesn't know me, we've never talked, chatted, met, she has no idea who I am. However, because many people are struggling with inflation, the cost of everything is crazy nuts, and some people, women, trans people, etc...often have a hard time finding unique items that they might enjoy, that fit, affordable, vintage, unique sizes and so on...if it might help someone out, and her, well here you go. It's a site hosted and run through Etsy, (same as mine) so it should be legit and reputable as far as credit cards, privacy etc... Mad Envy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Different topic. I came across the following meme online. I thought it was funny, but most of the people that commented on it were losing their fucking minds. 
Does Anyone Remember Laughter? 
(See what I did there?)  :) 


What the hell is wrong with people? Everyone is SO damned...AUGGGH!! at a moments notice. Edgy. Raging. Freaking the fuck out. Ranting about toxic this, and implication that, and cancel culture, trying to get people suspended, banned, blocked, fired, evicted, arrested, persecuted, cancelled, whatever. 

People...humor is supposed to be edgy and offensive. Without comedians mocking someone, making fun of a demographic, laughing at human nature, what would they talk about? Planets? Fish? There is no quality humor related to planets or fish alone. (Okay, Uranus is the exception...but that still relates to human beings, lol.) 

The whole point of comedy is to laugh at the irony of our being, our existence, our idiosyncrasies, our odd behaviors and neurotic habits, stereotypes, the stupid things that we, as human beings, do, say, how we act, dress, walk, talk, fuck, eat, what we eat, our politicians, our politics, our culture and other cultures, religion, sex, pretty much...you name it. That's the point of comedy, to enable us, to laugh at ourselves. I laugh at the dumbass things I do, laugh at myself, every single damn day. 

There are so many serious, ugly, nasty, scary and tragic things that happen on our planet, every second. A meme? Not one of them. No one, no sane rational person could view the above meme and seriously think it's advocating rape. The only people that think that way are moronic keyboard warriors who consider themselves to be Social Justice Warriors, from the comfort of their couch, in their well heated and appointed homes, with snacks and a refreshing beverage, while bitching about their 1st World Problems...the fucking lameass idiots. 

This is not news as I've written about it before, but I dumped all social media many months or years ago. I have no social media. Nothing. No Twitter, no Reddit, no Instagram, no SnapChat, no TikTok, no Facebook, nothing...at all. I have this blog, that's it. And I have never been happier, and never been more pleased with that choice. The decision to delete all social media...to avoid the sort of drama queen pillocks and simpletons that would get upset over a meme like the one above, or raunchy comedians, or risque jokes, or irreverent comedic observations, don't need it, don't want it. From my perspective, the more raunchy, the more offensive, the wittier and more objectionable, for the most part, the better it is. I don't enjoy sit-coms with the "one liners" and a laugh track. That, to me, is just boring. My point is...we're here on this planet for a short time, live, enjoy, laugh, have fun as much as possible, enjoy life, take a stand on the serious issues, but people should use better perspective and judgment while deciding which issues are worth getting fired up over, and which ones are not. 
Fine. 
Now then, who wants to take me to dinner, and buy me some flowers and chocolate?  :) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

18 comments:

  1. That shop looks great Vanessa, i will definitely pop over and peruse its wares.

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I would presume Poppet, that from your side of the world and with your personal $$$ options, it might not be a benefit to you, but thanks for the message and I hope you're doing well. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that's a shame. All good thanks Vanessa and trust all is with you. BTW i still miss the late, great Bill Hicks. Now he was a comedian who knew how to offend.

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that familiar with him, but will have to check him out some more. :)

      Delete
  3. Come to Denver Vanessa
    I’ll buy dinner and flowers:)
    But
    No headaches:)
    WC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denver? I thought you were in Arizona for some reason...

      Delete
  4. Hey Vanessa
    Where can I get one of those bottom less skirts
    What do they call them on Amazon?
    WC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottomless skirts? You mean the photo of the one in black above? If so, you mean the ones that I make and sell, and have been making and selling for years? Spanking skirts? As in...the ones that are on my website, lol? If you mean something else, clarify..."Golfboy". :)

      Delete
  5. Golfboy!!:)
    LOL!!!!!!!
    WTF:)
    Still laughing!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How bout Marvelous Mike:)
    Yea that sounds about right…:)
    Instead of WC I shall now be MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope
    Marvelous Mike it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tip about Mad Envy….nice place…appealing to crossdressers….like me….not sure I am small enough for anything in the sight, but I still do buy gifts for my better half.

    And I really like your take on the current sensitivity and seriousness of our society….so many taking any comments personally and as a slur or something derogatory….I am not sure how we got here….I think part of it is the media….and perhaps a society that does not foster good self images for people as the grow and development…and/or respect for other people…..but I love people…I am a people person….have great believe in the potential and ability of everyone….and respect people for their own life perspectives….or at least I try my best to be this way….to see how so many folks are under a rain cloud, looking at the negative….ALL THE TIME. is downright depressing ….thanks for sharing…have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite welcome HS. People? Writing about people? Damn...you better not read my last blog post, lol. :)

      Delete
  9. I laughed and dont apologize for laughing. does that make me a bad person? No I think not, just a person who can see the silliness and humor in a caption and photo.

    ReplyDelete