Sunday, July 21, 2019

Money Does *Not* Make You Happier. This Article Is a Lie: The minimum salary you need to be happy in each state.


 A cursory glance though the above article showed roughly $90k to about $130k for all states. According to data from 2018, the latest release, the median household income is $61,891. Notice, this number indicates "household" income. Presumably that means 2 incomes, as most people are married or living with a spouse/lover. The number of kids a family might have would be of huge importance based on additional costs and the usual expenses. Minimum age is still $7.25 an hour...and has not been raised for about 10 years. (Yes, congress gives themselves a raise every single year.)  

Minimum wage annual income would be $15, 080. 

The so called "poverty level" in America is  
  1 person household is $12,49 
   2 person household is $16,910
    3 person household is $21,330  

So, if we were to believe this article....about 99% of all Americans are miserable...due to not having enough money to meet the range quoted state by state to be "happy". 

I've had money and I've not had money. 
(Right now I have about...$1.27 I think, lol.)  

Sending quality time with friends and family, working out, being creative, being a good steward of the land, water and planet, advocating for those without a voice, for those that are disenfranchised, reading, writing, working out, going jogging and to the gym, playing with my cats and dogs, sex, spending time with my husband, cooking, eating, and a plethora of other examples like that are what makes me happy. Sure, money can make life easier from the standpoint of less stress, having financial security, less worry and important details like that, but some of the happiest people I've ever known are on the low, sometimes very, very low end of the income spectrum.  

My point?
Articles like this are are similar to "body shaming" articles that might make one feel bad about themselves because the reader is comparing themselves to some heavily Photo-shopped photos, done by a professional photographer, with state of the art equipment, lights, camera, filters, and so on. "Money shaming" or poverty shaming, or simply using faulty made-up "statistics" about income needed to be "happy" is just wrong. Its not mentally healthy to compare oneself to professional cover models or for people to do any sort of body shaming (with the exception of me mocking limp dicked useless cuckolds of course....giggles at self) and the same should apply to articles like this.  :)

 

Me.
Waiting for the picnic to start. :)

 

[Photo Below Found Online.]  

I found out that our Volkswagen fits in the den. 
Will see what the wife thinks when she gets home.


6 comments:

  1. When we started out we didn't have a pot to piss in.....but we were happy!!!!
    We lived in a shithole apartment where the bugs were as big as we were but we battled them together....
    As her career took off mine fizzled....but we were happy...I didn't need to be the "man" of the house....in fact I preferred not to be...
    We eventually did much better....better than I had imagined....but she works constantly and I worry about her all the time...
    So I relish our time together no matter how it's spent and I look forward to her taking more time for us.....
    But if I had to judge by money alone I'd say no....we may have more stuff now....we may live in a nicer house....but are we "happier" than we were when we were fighting off those giant cockroaches in that little apartment....that's something I can't answer....
    Plus after looking at some of the numbers that website claims are happiness numbers....I think they're just nuts!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All points well taken. I think so many Americans (and other countries residents) have lost their perspective of what truly matters in life, and what makes life worth living. I also noted how you worked the word "nuts" into the conversation SlutLips. Don't think I didn't notice that. :)

      Delete
  2. We've been broke and reasonably well off ,as well. Happiest we've ever been though was in the time since her first promotion. Why? Because SHE celebrated it not with bubbly but me bawling. She came with a strap and laid the law down. And we've been the happiest we've ever been since that day she took charge. Only have one "little" regret, and it's under 3 inch's fully erect these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Its under 3 inch's fully erect these days."
    Time for a new strap. See what I did there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a lighter note:I don't suppose you want to share some of that watermelon? No I thought not.

    ReplyDelete