Sunday, May 5, 2019

Pants? WTF? London Marathon: Nurse is denied record for not wearing a dress.



"This nurse ran the London Marathon in a record-breaking time. But she says she was told it wouldn't count because she wore scrubs instead of a dress, cap and pinafore. Tights were optional."

Ah yes...institutional patriarchal misogyny at its finest yes? Because in order to be a "nurse" a dress is required, right? Education, skill, experience and dedication mean zilch, and the "uniform" alone makes you a nurse. I can't believe I have to share space on this planet with so many idiots. 

This is a "nurse" right? 
You can tell by the "uniform".


If the uniform is all that matters, that means this lady is a "mechanic". 


This lady is a "plumber". 



As apparently all "nurses" are required to wear dresses, male and female alike...these are not nurses. Nurses wear dresses. Not scrubs. 


From a party some time back, this is me...being a "nurse". 


Get your pants down boys....Nurse Vanessa is here to examine you.  :) 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like “fake news”
    A “story” that sank without trace here in the U.K.
    Amongst the more than 40k people who ran , many were in fancy dress
    I didn’t see a category for “ nurses in approved uniforms”

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in the hospital a couple of years ago I couldn't help but notice that none of the nurses wore the old traditional white dress....sigh....well they might not wear the dress but I still do...no slip with black undies....it's one of my favorite outfits....my wife just rolls her eyes nowadays but don't let that fool you....she used to enjoy it just as much as I did....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your hospital visit. Hope the "knee" skin grafts help. :)

      Delete