Saturday, April 6, 2024

Rush - Spirit of Radio - Performance Analysis. :)

 


Alrighty then...yes, I am at home today, not doing much, checking out some reaction videos. So, I come across this reaction (video below) of a well known Opera singer, reacting to, the greatest band the planet has ever seen, with my favorite song (though pretty much whatever Rush song I'm listening to at the moment, is my current "favorite"). I find it interesting when people that are extensively trained, classically trained, break down the music of people that...mostly have no training, but are just born with a natural gift for creating the kickiest kick ass, rocking rock music ever made. Best drummer, best bassist, best guitarist, best lyricist the world has ever seen. Light years ahead of anyone else. 

Yes, I have gone off the deep end, lol. 

But, for those that are Rush fans, who may be bored, it's fascinating to see the delight, the thrill, the enjoyment of someone from a totally different musical genre, be so impressed by 3 Canadian dudes that were mostly baked on hash and weed when they wrote much of their music. And again, for these guys, it was not due to education, training, college, or anything other than, just innate talent. Okay, enough out of me. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend...I sure as hell am.  :) 


For a sampling of who the above "reactor" is, click below...

5 comments:

  1. I love reaction videos:)
    Glad you’re having a fun weekend
    I’m playing golf this so I’m having a great weekend!
    WC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEWSFLASH!! WC is...playing with his balls again. Nothing new there, lol. End of News Report. :)

      Delete
    2. The invitation still stands:)
      Come on over and let’s play some golf and you can play with my balls too:)
      WC:)

      Delete
  2. Not quite the same thing but there is a radio 4 programme i love to listen to called 'Add to playlist' which each week sees 5 songs added that share some sort of musical link with the each preceeding song. There is a massively eclectic mix from classical to rock to hip hop, grunge, medieval, Jazz, opera, folk and trance etc, etc but it makes for a fabulous listen and is also quite a musical education (for me at least). It's on BBC Sounds and is worth a listen - see https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00106lb

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a look at it...and thanks for the info and the link Poppet. :)

      Delete