Monday, June 10, 2019

Fuck Fetlife - Fuck Fetlife Caretakers - Fuck Fetlife Censorship - Fuck John Baku.


 

For the 2nd time I got a message from Fetlife Caretakers...and a "suspension" for things I wrote. In both cases it was due to my sticking up for someone being harassed by others. One case was for someone trolling people and telling them to go kill themselves. The other was for my advocating for someone who has had appendages amputated, and people were mocking this person, making "stump" jokes, and...you get the drift.

The group owners did nothing. 

The new Fetlife policy is this....do nothing, say nothing, stand for nothing and only take action, but minimally, to keep as many people, including the bot accounts, the sock puppet accounts, the troll accounts, to be able to convince advertisers that they have a large "base" or audience, to be able to charge for the ads you see on the site. 

So, I will no longer patronize Fetlife. I won't pay for ads, I won't load my home videos that only paid subscribers can view (you can see all my videos on my blog...for free), no more naked photos, no more posts, links, articles, information, snark, caustic comments, ribald humor, sage wisdom (giggles to self) or anything else as...I will not be treated like a child, or silenced when standing up for basic human decency or my ethics just so Fetlife/John Baku can make a few bucks so...Fuck Fetlife.  :) 



4 comments:

  1. I'm going to sign this as 'Neil Nobrainer' because, unlike the various minions who run Fetlife, MY brain injury is verifiable. I'll be signing things THIS way until my brain injury wins one day, and my email will posted. Then all the trolls can come out from under their bridges and fill my inbox:). I'm going to defend the minions who run Fetlife though. Or at least something like that. OK; throw them a bone (giggly giggly; it's probably the FIRST bone that's ever been thrown their way:).

    The problem between 'commerce' and 'common sense' is that when the two become in conflict, it will ALWAYS be 'commerce' that wins. 'Money' isn't necessarily evil, but the acquisition of it often is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't we meld ethical and responsible commerce with common sense? Some people do. :)

      Delete