Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Transitioning to a Woman --- First Person Account --- LGBTQIA

{The following message was sent to me from someone I've known for some time. I am reposting it with their permission in an effort to share how sometimes in life....things just go well. A bit of  personal and/or mundane verbiage was removed, and the name of the person will remain undisclosed. However, for the purpose of this message I will use the name "Charlene".} 


Hello ! Hello ! Hello!
Well, needless to tell you I have not been frequenting these pages lately. That does not mean, however, you have not crossed my mind. I as assuming you were no longer connected here because I used to get notification when you posted something on the pages you controlled. No notice led me to believe you were no longer here. Believe it or not I began looking through papers the other day to see if I may have saved your mailing address. It is still a possibility. I've a lot of paper to go through ;-)

Quite a bit has changed in my life. I believe I had let you know I was thinking of transitioning to a woman. I no longer think about it; I am doing so. I have made all the legal changes: name, social security, birth certificate, etc to reflect that I am now a woman. I began seeing a gender therapist in February and followed that with the start of hormone treatment in May. I can not tell you how happy I am these days. Yes, my wife is on board and we remain together. She has been incredible. I don't know if I could be as supportive as she has been if the roles were reversed. I hope I would be.

Don't get me wrong. I have been very content with what I have achieved and accomplished in my life and career. My gender dysphoria was never debilitating. I just knew something was a little missing. I now know and understand what euphoria is. This has been a phenomenal year for me. I have a preliminary doctor consultation next week in Boston to discuss gender confirmation surgery.

I have not been paying much attention to my previous fetishes because of all the real changes and the emotional and mental changes that go along with the hormones. I suspect I will always be a submissive and I do remain attracted to women only. 

I hope all is very well in your world. Please know that I am deeply touched that you reached out to say hello. I really did think you had moved on. I would love to remain in touch. My new name, by the way, is *****. Of course there is a story attached to it!

Be well, Vanessa. My sincere best wishes for a truly wonderful holiday season and new year.
Yours, "Charlene"



 

The letters LGBTQIA refer to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, and asexual or allied. 

  

We, human beings, all have a "soul". For some that may bring up religious aspects, which is fine, for others it may simply mean our character, our own unique preferences, our personality, our interests, our life force, the nature of our very being. People are who and what we are, regardless of the "wrapping paper" we were born with. I really find great optimism and happiness in stories like this because it shows that people can evolve, we can grow, others can accept us for not only who we are, but who we may become, and of greatest importance...accepting ourselves.  ~ Vanessa Chaland




2 comments:

  1. I love your closing statement. It occurs to me, that the introspection one must perform when moving through all of the many paradoxes of gender dysphoria and the baggage that comes along in tow, and the ability to put into words of the personal importance of accepting ourselves in our respective journeys free of the debilitating shame and pretense of darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hope so. But I imagine that it's as unique as each individual going though it is also unique. Its just so unfortunate they have to go through that emotional garbage in the first place. :)

      Delete