Saturday, February 15, 2020

Rush - Neil Peart Tribute - "Closer to the Heart". United States Army Band "Pershing's Own" - Time Stand Still.


 

(Text From Her YouTube Page)

A lot of people are finding this after the news of Neil Peart's passing and it comforts me to know how many others out there were touched by his music. This song always resonated with me, especially the first line, which reminds me to use my voice for righteous causes. I encourage you to donate to a cancer research charity in Mr. Peart's name, as the RUSH website suggests. 

I know it's unusual for a 26-year-old woman to love a nerdy progressive rock band but their pursuit of creativity is universal. Please continue sharing great music with your kids and don't be afraid to listen to some of theirs, too. Keep it close to your heart.  
*********************

The United States Army Band "Pershing's Own".
"Time Stand Still"

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment