Saturday, March 2, 2019

Sissy Kaaren: Feel Good Blog Reply Of The Day. :)

"There was an old used book store in my neighborhood when I was young.
As a slightly effeminate boy I didn't have many places I could go but I could always go there and spend an afternoon just rummaging around looking for that gem that might cost me fifty cents and give me hours of escape from this world....I used to have long talks with the owner....and he used to recommend books to me....books that opened up new worlds for me...sci-fi classics by Heinlein and Asimov....history books that took me to other times and places....adventure stories that thrilled me and horror books that chilled me!!! I have been a voracious reader all my life and I think I really owe it all to that man and those long afternoons wandering through the musty stacks of books in his little shop...Now I get my books from Amazon....there's no bookstores anywhere near me...and that's really such a shame"...Kisses Kaaren

 

It is refreshing to read about people doing something "for" others, rather than people just doing something "to" others. Selflessness, humility, altruism, benevolence, compassion, understanding, it makes the world a better place, and it makes us, as human beings, a better species.   :)   


No comments:

Post a Comment