Saturday, October 23, 2021

Take Care of Yourselves People. :)

A person that is a regular reader of my blog sent me an e-mail recently, and was quite morose, worn out and despondent. The list of things mentioned, well, it was long and had to do with watching and reading news, for some people its perhaps nearly non-stop, which obviously is about the state of the world, the environment, politics, racist garbage, the pandemic, the ugliness of the world, and how things seem rather hopeless. So, my message back to him, posted below (edited to protect his privacy, I don't betray the confidence of a friend) seems rather relevant and applicable to others, perhaps even most, or all of us.

You have to stop doing this to yourself. You need to break whatever daily cycle you're doing, that is encapsulating and imprisoning you in this despair. You are no longer inured to the news and your self defensive mechanisms have broken down, or at least worn out. We are inundated with news, most of it negative, but the world itself is not really "worse" than its ever been. Think of it like this, over the course of about 30 years, people in America lived through two World Wars, Stock Market Crash, Great Depression, and the Dust Bowl, and that was "average" white people. Black people also had the last vestiges of slavery, segregation, lynchings and mob beatings. Native Americans were equally fucked. Most people still used outhouses and didn't have electricity yet. Three decades of war, death, massacre, genocide, misery, evil, famine, disease (penicillin was not available yet, people got polio, tuberculosis, etc), struggles, poverty, and being homeless and unemployed. Go back in history from that era, and things were worse. Go to any 3rd world country right now, today, and things are worse. Most of the 3rd world is begging for Covid Vaccines, while the "West" argues about getting their third shot, or not getting one at all.

Obviously you know all the above, I'm just mentioning it for perspective. Yes, things are bad in the USA right now, and might get worse. But its still better than most people have it around the world, and far better than people had it over the last several hundred thousand to millions of years, depending on where you want to place "humans" on the evolutionary timetable. So all you can do is control how this bleak state of the planet and humanity affects you. Doing something to try to change it is one thing, the other is to...go outside. Turn off the computer and leave your cell off and (cheesy as it sounds) go look at a cloud or a tree, take a walk, play with a dog, get some exercise, watch a butterfly, do something where mother nature is affecting your soul in a positive manner, and the nastiness of human beings is not.

I agree with every single thing you outlined, but neither you or I are going to be able to rationalize it, justify it or change it. All I do is try to enlighten some people, make a few people laugh, make a few think, make someone smile, and hope that happy energy spreads out. Probably a futile hope and effort, but its all I can do...its all I can do to help others, and its all I can do to protect my own sanity and well being.

Spend more time thinking about your loved ones, family, lovers, sex, kink, future plans, fond memories, whatever...and spend less time thinking about the ugliness of the world. Seriously, one can develop an addiction to social media, news, TV and all the bad vibes that can come from it, and get drug into that morass (as opposed to "more ass") and it feeds itself, becoming a loop of bad, negative, mean, depressing, which sucks the life and energy out of us. Or, one can stay informed, be aware of current local and global events, and then turn off the "gadgets", go out in the world and try to do positive things to help those around us, however small those gestures or efforts might be. But no matter what, we have to protect our own souls, seek serenity, maintain sanity and guard our own health, which needs to include spiritual, mental and of course physical health. Be kind to yourself. Be kind to your friends. Friends take care of each other. Be your own best friend. :) 

If anyone needs it: Good News Network.   


 


 

 Panty-"Hoes"?  :)

 

Love this...timeless.

  

I really like what this guy did. It really looks great.


No idea what the hell's going on in the video below... :) 

12 comments:

  1. I think it's one of the biggest fallacies of our time that constant access to news makes you more informed and better equipped to deal with the world. I think a big part of it is the Dunning-Kruger effect - people with a little knowledge overestimate their expertise. There are people who feel it's their duty to have a better understanding than others of climate change or vaccines or how votes are counted or whatever, and to preach what they think they've learned. The truth is most people don't really know much about most things, and are usually best keeping their mouths shut and following the advice of actual qualified peer reviewed experts.

    Right in the middle of the thirty year period you mention, Good Friday of 1930, the BBC declared there was no news that day, and broadcasted piano music instead! A day without news is inconceivable ninety years later, but it sure as Hell sounds refreshing!

    I hope you sent your reader a photo of your bottom, it always puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take your points. I do think however there is a difference between someone that "reads" in-depth articles on any given topic, and those that half-ass "listen" to a Cable News show at 6:00 in the morning, while getting dressed, waking their kids, making breakfast and packing lunches, while hung over, and then "thinks" they are "informed". I don't think he needs a photo of my fat ass...his wife is smoking hot. :)

      Delete
    2. I see that, though neither guy is in much of a position to do much about whatever the issue is if that's how they're getting their information. I think some knowledge of what's going on is healthy - "What is the EU?" was the most Googled thing here in Britain on the day AFTER we voted on Brexit - but the headache comes when you feel the need to educate others or that the world should be different than it is... I mean, it totally should be, but dwelling on that doesn't do any good. Know how little you know, I think is the key thing.

      More ass pics for the rest of us, I guess! :P

      Delete
    3. Everyone knows that the EU is either the "Ecumenical Universe" or "Ewok Underwear". Oh, and by the way, I know nothing. And I know that I know nothing. :)

      Delete
    4. “Wisest is she who knows she does not know," to quote Jostein Gaarder!

      Delete
    5. Maybe...not sure, I don't know. :)

      Delete
  2. Extremely well said Vanessa. i hope your reader heeded your advice, think we all could do with taking some time out for a little while to remind ourselves of all that is good and beautiful about this world we briefly live in.

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Readers"? You mean somebody actually reads the tripe I spew out? My sympathy to/for them. :)

      Delete
  3. This is the type of thing which makes me want to read you all the time. Your compassion for others is VERY high. I read the beginning and I'm thinking 'what a NICE person she is'. Indeed; 'caring about others' is what cuckolding is all about. Remember this time when you find yourself wondering if this is all worth it. I can attest that it IS; thank you for EVERYTHING:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know...this is one of the nicest messages I've ever recieved. I will not expand on that, because what I said is succinct and true. Thank you, ever so much, thank you. :)

      Delete
  4. Mary Ann over Ginger was an easy one for me, but I’d love to serve them both.

    Never been able to decide between Betty and Veronica. Happy to play the submissive pussy boy for either or both.

    Rosco

    ReplyDelete