Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sex Positivity: Womens Health, Wellness and Sexual Pleasure.

Earlier this evening while riding my recumbent bike I watched a couple of "The Big Questions" episodes. Its a program I really enjoy, but truth be told I prefer most BBC shows over just about anything produced by USA companies. "American Exceptionalism" is indeed true, we are certainly Number #1....in poorly written and generic boring trash TV.  :)

Anyway, the discussion was about religion, morals, sex and so on. I'm always stunned by those people that think that consensual sex has anything to do with "morals". For me, morals are about  murder, greed, lying, stealing, rape, abuse and similar actions where there is an actual victim, another person that was somehow grievously injured, an unwilling participant, not something that consenting adults do with their genitals. If someone does not subscribe to the notion of "original sin", which I do not, trying to equate sexual freedom, pleasure, hedonism with "morals" is simply not going to work. 

We human beings have been on this planet in one form or another, through the evolutionary process, for millions of years. There is evidence of people practicing some version of religion since roughly 40,000 BCE. From what I can tell, most anthropologists tend to think monogamy has only been prevalent in our culture for roughly 1000 years...or slightly less long than the invention of the monotheistic religions, where sexual guilt seems to have originated. 

My agenda, ethos, attitude, my company, what I write and espouse is about sex positivity, and I try to  place emphases on women’s health and wellness, as well as sexual pleasure. The shame of sex, slut shaming, restricting women's sexual freedom and reproductive rights, controlling what we wear is so negative and toxic to the heart and soul, not to mention the body and social progress. We should be able to talk openly and freely, similar to news, sports, religion, politics, weather and whatever else as it is part of the the normal human experience. Anyway...rambling rant over. 
Oh and by the way....I'm not wearing pants.   :) 

 




8 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more....especially about the whole not wearing pants thing!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely hate those damned pants that I was forced to wear for so many years.....I like skirts and dresses so much better....but if I was there....under your throne....obviously pants would only be in the way although given enough time I could probably chew through them if I had to!!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I'm mostly the opposite. Being raised in a religious fundamentalist household, from a certain era, I was made to wear pretty much nothing but dresses all the time.

      Delete
    2. I think I'll start an anti-pants movement....we could call ourselves Antipa....down with pants and up with skirts!!!
      It works on several levels!!!
      Love
      Kaaren

      Delete
    3. Antipa works for me. I mean TPU (Trouserless Perverts United) sounds like car oil, or maybe sex lube. :)

      Delete
  3. i wasnt wearing pants when i read this either. panties yes but not pants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they said on the Internet in the 90s....pics or it never happended. :)

      Delete